Dear Member of the Montessori Community in Colorado,
On behalf of the Colorado Montessori Association (CMA), I am pleased that you have chosen to participate in our Validating process. CMA is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to furthering the educational objectives, methods and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori in the State of Colorado.
Included with this letter, please find the following:
- An explanation of the Validation process;
- The Initial Application for Validation
Please complete the Initial Application for Validation along with the Application Fee of $150.00 through our Paypal Account:
- Please complete the Initial Application for Validation below and submit $150 Application Fee via PayPal.
- If you are not an active member of the Colorado Montessori Association (CMA), please apply for membership after you submit the Initial Application for Validation.
- Upon receipt of the completed Initial Application for Validation and the Application Fee, CMA will send you the Self Study Form to be completed by your school.
- When the completed Self Study Form and all supporting documents are received by CMA, it will be reviewed and comments/requests, if any, will be forwarded to you.
- Once that process has been completed, CMA will schedule a Site Visit. The purpose of the Site Visit is to verify the information submitted in the Self Study Form.
- Upon the completion of the Site Visit, the Validating Committee will review the documentation, approve all qualifying schools for validation on a rolling basis and issue a CMA Certificate of Validation. CMA will deliver this certificate on your behalf to the Colorado Department of Human Services. A materials waiver to use the three categories of potentially hazardous materials (choking hazards, glass hazards and sharp objects) will be provided to CMA Validated Early Childhood programs.
- The Certificate of Validation is active for five years from the date of issuance. At least six months prior to the expiration date of the Certificate, the school must apply to CMA for renewal. This renewal will require the school to update its Self Study to reflect any changes since the issuance of the expiring Certificate of Validation. The cost of renewal is $25.
- Additional Site Visits will not take place unless there is a specific reason to do so, such as a serious concern raised by parents or staff, or the addition of a new program that needs to be validated, or standing with the CO Department of Education or CDHS.
For more information, please email [email protected].